March 23, 2020
Our illumiNITE production is paused and we are devoting capacity to projects that will help alleviate the demand for medical supplies. Our current stock is still available, although our warehouse is working on a reduced schedule to help limit person to person contact. Rush orders are not available, and there may be some delay in shipping your order. We appreciate your patience!
March 19, 2020
As we are all adapting to the current reality of social distancing, school and business closures, and disruptions at work and at home, we’re finding it really hard to write a cheerful, business-as-usual email. Our first concern is that our employees, our customers and our suppliers are safe and well. We have been closely monitoring information from our local health department and government authorities. Shutting down completely poses an economic hardship for illumiNITE’s employees, so as long as we are able, we will continue modified operation.
- Anyone who feels ill or has been exposed to COVID-19 will stay home, with extra personal time off where necessary.
- Anyone who can do their job remotely is working from home.
- Cleaning and sanitizing efforts in our factory have increased significantly. Work stations, equipment, bathrooms, break rooms, door knobs, and hand rails are given special attention.
- Product handling will be kept to a minimum, and is delayed where possible.
- Our sewing floor is not crowded and machines and operators are spaced an appropriate distance apart.
We are a friendly family company, and our business partners usually feel free to drop in unannounced. We have contacted everyone and asked them to phone instead. The only visits we will be allowing are ones where physical goods are being delivered or shipped.
It is our sincere hope that you are able to take care of yourself and your loved ones. If you can, contact a friend or neighbor to help them (and you!) feel less isolated. Check on anyone who is elderly or at risk—a friendly voice on the phone or a few groceries left on the doorstep might make a huge difference in someone’s life. Say thank you to the workers in healthcare, grocery stores, and other essential businesses who are risking their own health to stay open and help the rest of us.
IllumiNITE loves American manufacturing. Our goal is to help keep all of us--employees, customers, and business partners--healthy and employed. We are truly all in this together.
Our Warmest Regards,
The Staff at illumiNITE