Albany Reflective Women's Softshell Jacket in Mulberry/Black
- Lightweight wind and water repellent softshell—perfect for layering
- Two zippered front pockets and two back pockets
- Contoured fit with longer back for coverage
- Retractable wrist gaiter with thumb hole can be used to extend the sleeve for extra length while cycling, or tucked up inside the sleeve.
- Highly Reflective illumiNITE Fabric
- Machine wash cold, line dry
- Made in The USA
- SKU# 12409
The fun and bright Albany Jacket is great for layering for those chilly morning runs!
- Variant: XS
- SKU: 12409-FZ-MLBK-WN1
- Product Type: Women's Jackets
The Albany is by far my favorite cold weather biking and running jacket! I especially love the collar, the gaiter thumbhole cuffs, and all of the pockets. While fat-biking at the Mount Washington Resort this winter, I experienced weather that I thought I had not adequately dressed for. To my surprise, the Albany jacket kept me very warm and dry during white out snow squalls, 14 degree temperature, and 30 mph wind gusts!! I was so impressed with its performance that I now own two size small jackets. I am 5'5" tall, 105 pounds and the small gives me enough room for many layers.
The sleeves and waist of this jacket are extremely narrow, while the shoulder area is too roomy, and the length is too long. It is too tight in the sleeves to layer anything. When I run, the jacket doesn't move with my body. Also, the sound the fabric makes when it rubs against itself is very distracting. I am 5' 5" and 110lbs. I got a size small. Perhaps I should have ordered medium, but I doubt the fit would be any better. It would probably be even longer in length and roomier in the shoulders while still being too tight in the sleeves. I'm not very pleased with the jacket, considering the relatively high price.